Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bagels in the Morning

I write tonight, not because I want to, but because it makes me "tick". It gives meaning to these days...blur after blur. When no day is better than the next, when you're still feeding the regulars, nothing seems to change.

Neris tells me he's watched the tree outside of Gino's grow from a sapling into a twenty-five foot giant. I like to think about the fourth dimension as mentioned in: http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php Where we would appear a long, undulating snake of human experience, where everyday would add to the length of our physical appearance. According to Rob Bryanton, the absurdist behind this conjecture, we would be able to see our infantile self alongside ourselves at death. My point in all this, is that I like to imagine people as huge snakes, slithering around Carle Place, trying their hardest to get by each other, to cross Cherry Lane and feed at Gino's since they need it so badly.

We keep Nat Geo Wild on the television throughout most of the day--there's something liberating in the restlessness of nature, since nothing is ever lazy. We marvel at the stalking lioness, so patient and perfect waiting in the tall dead grass.

Regulars. There's Mary-Ann with her two slices and oregano, Bobby, pedophile, general public nuisance, the guy who complains about Sicilian slices no matter What, the lady, I'll call her Barbara because she looks like one, large Pepsi, lots of ice, Mama-bird, anything she can regurgitate, usually cooked well-done.

I'm trying to get a job here: http://www.mediaglobal.org/page/internship-opportunities but I have no journalistic experience besides college since nobody hires writers anymore.

I downloaded Jeff Beck's album, Emotion & Commotion recently, and the first two songs blow my MIND!

I've been rereading Fear & Loathing and I've been enjoying it. "White Rabbit" played on the radio today and I thought about Duke's attorney biting it, or at least wanting to. I like how he lets the climax of the song go by once and then requests the song be rewound for his suicide attempt.