Friday, August 13, 2010

Musics

Since I'm at work, I'm distracted, so I figured it best to post some youtube tunes I've favorited for redundant reasons...and it should go without saying that for this post to work, I have to assume that my numerous readers have never come across these themselves, and if they have, well:

Here's The Who, with a wicked live performance at some circus tent.



I'm so glad Wes used this version of the song in Rushmore since the original recording is lack-luster.


I've linked this video before in an earlier post commemorating Chopin's birthday, but since I feel as though this is the greatest piano performance ever filmed, I see no problem in using it again. "Ladies and gentlemen, Vladimir Horowitz." --Thunderous applause

"When I am on the stage, I’m a king. No one can interfere with me because I have something to do, and it has to be the best which is within me." - Horowitz, not the best of quotes but it'll suffice.



I enjoy Regina Spektor's performance here more so than others because it feels more intimate, and that's all I want to be with Regina.



You've got to hand it to The Avett Brothers for making "timed" and soulful performances look easy.